Yes, you can change the publishing agreement on your dissertation/thesis from Traditional to Open Access Publishing or from Open Access to Traditional Publishing.

If you would like to change the publishing option, you will simply need to sign an updated publishing agreement. If you are switching from Traditional to Open Access, there is also a one-time fee of $95 which funds the perpetual hosting of your work for electronic public access.

For more information or to change your publishing option, please contact Dissertation Support at

Please keep in mind that some schools require that manuscripts be made available through ProQuest as Open Access. We recommend consulting with your graduate school for guidance before changing your publishing agreement.