ProQuest was unable to give you access because wevare not able to verify your IP address is associated with a location (e.g. state, city, school) to access ProQuest. Why did the Error happen?
The URL you entered or clicked on to access ProQuest databases checks to see if you are trying to connect from a valid IP address. Usually this error occurs when you are trying to access ProQuest from home or away from your library, university, school, or institution.
This error means that we were unable to verify your IP address matches any IP address within a location that is setup to access ProQuest.
Please note that in some cases, geolocation may not work if your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has servers that are located outside of your location.
What should I do?
Students and Researchers:
- Check with your library reference desk or help desk for instructions on connecting remotely to ProQuest. Often you have to connect to the subscribing library or institution's site to be authenticated properly.
- Click on the link to ProQuest directly from the library or institution web page. This ensures you are using the correct URL to access ProQuest.
- If you have a ProQuest username and password, use the login page.
- If you have an OpenAthens username and password, use the OpenAthens login page.
- If you have an institutional username and password, use the institutional login page.
Library Administrator Instructions
Please contact support for assistance. Please have the complete list of the valid IP address ranges that are associated with your library or institution.
Note: You will not be able to set up this option via the ProQuest Administrator Module.