How will TDM usage be recorded in ProQuest Counter reports?
When a user creates a dataset in TDM Studio, any usage will be recorded as a TDM request against its respective database or publication
- Text and data mining (TDM) is a computational process whereby text or datasets are analyzed by software that recognizes entities, relationships, and actions. (STM Statement on Text and Data Mining)
- COUNTER does not record the TDM activity itself, but only records the creation of the dataset that has been prepared for use in text and data mining.
- Usage associated with TDM activity (e.g. articles downloaded for the purpose of TDM) MUST be tracked by assigning an Access Method of TDM.
- Usage associated with TDM activity MUST be reported using the Title, Database, and Platform Master Reports by identifying such usage as Access_Method=TDM.
- Usage associated with TDM activity MUST NOT be reported in Standard Views (TR_J1, TR_B1, etc.).
- For articles that belong to more than one database, the requests will be recoded to the database with the higher hierarchy in our system.