Title list changes for all ProQuest databases including the ABI/INFORM Collection and all other business databases, have been consolidated into a single report, available at this link: https://0-support-proquest-com.library.cairn.edu/articledetail?id=kA11W000000GywCSAS
This article will be updated quarterly with content changes to ProQuest Business databases listed below. Every update will include a brief commentary on changed content and a list of changed titles in MS Excel format. And don't forget to download the 12 month summary of new content added to ABI/INFORM Collection.
To be emailed every time this article is updated, click on Notify Me
Recent content updates
- Business Premium Collection
- ABI/INFORM Collection
- ABI/INFORM Dateline
- ABI/INFORM Global
- ABI/INFORM Trade & Industry
- Entrepreneurship Database
- Accounting, Tax & Banking Collection
- Asian & European Business Collection
- Business Market Research Collection
- J.P Morgan Research
Links to recent content updates are listed below:
ProQuest Business Database Content Update: Full Year 2018Summary of additional content:
See full details in this spreadsheet.ProQuest Business Database Content Update: July – September 2018
- The full text of 71 new scholarly journals including seven from Emerald Publishing Group and 5 from Cambridge University Press. Titles include IZA Journal of Development and Migration (Springer Science and Business Media), and International Journal of Innovation Science (Springer Science & Business Media)
- New wire feeds including Bloomberg Wire Service
- 6 new newspapers including Brazil Business News, GSA Business Journal, and Charleston Regional Business Journal
- Country reports from Chart Maker providing economic projections and advice for doing business in over 100 countries.
- 37 new trade journals and magazine from providers including Watt Global Media and Postmedia Network Inc.
- Online coverage of Moneysense and Maclean’s
Summary of additional content:
- The full text of 33 new scholarly journals including seven from Emerald Publishing Group. Titles include IZA Journal of Development and Migration (Springer Science and Business Media), and International Journal of Innovation Science (Springer Science & Business Media)
- 16 new trade journals and magazine from providers including Watt Global Media and Postmedia Network Inc.
- Country reports from Chart Maker providing economic projections and advice for doing business in over 100 countries.
- 7 new newspapers including Brazil Business News, GSA Business Journal, and Charleston Regional Business Journal
See full details in this spreadsheet.ProQuest Business Databases Content Update: Jan - June 2018
- New scholarly journals in full text:
o 10 from Walter du Gruyter including Entrepreneurship Research Journal and Journal of Intelligent Systems
o 7 from Springer Science & Business Media including IZA Journal of Labor & Development and Marketing Review St. Gallen
o 7 from Taylor & Francis including Knowledge Management Research & Practice
New business magazines, trade publications, plus The Economist now in PDF:
- 18 new magazines and trade journals covering topics such as healthcare management, insurance, food trucks, and clothing. Back in ABI are popular Canadian magazines such as Maclean’s, MoneySense, and Canadian Business.
- Extra reports from Plunkett Research and Oxford Economics
- New wirefeeds from CNN and Bloomberg
- All issues of The Economist published in 2018 now have PDF articles, providing users with access to the same visual elements enjoyed by users of the EIU print and online versions, including full color cartoons, photos, charts and tables.
See a summary of the great new content added to the ABI Collection in the last 12 months here or download his spreadsheet for a full list of all content added and removed from January 1st to June 30th 2018
Please note that Oxford Analytica (OxResearch) will cease ongoing coverage in ProQuest in September. While we regret the loss of this well-regarded source, a number of publications in ABI provide similar analysis of global economic and geopolitical developments, including:
- Economist Intelligence Unit’s “EIU Viewswire” provides daily critical analysis on global business conditions for 205 countries in concise articles.
- The Economist offers long-form insight and opinion on international news, politics, business, finance, science, technology and the connections between them.
- Business Monitor International’s “BMI Risk Reports”, quarterly country-level risk and SWOT reports covering various national risk factors such as political, operational, economic, and criminal.
- Oxford Economics’ “Weekly Economic Briefings” in emerging markets, the Eurozone, UK, and US, plus the economic forecasts for 169 countries.
- Coming soon: Charting Economy will provide student-friendly graphical information about the economies of 100 countries.
Oxford Analytica can be reached at:
ProQuest Business Databases Content Update: Full Year 2017
- The full text of over 80 scholarly journals from publishers such as Springer Science & Business Media, Cambridge University Press, Emerald, and Oxford University Press.
- An extra 1000 industry and country risk reports from BMI research, meaning BMI’s entire portfolio can now be accessed in ABI
- Almost 1M company manufacturing and supplier profiles from NetWise
- Newspapers including The Economic Times (India) and Business Islamica
- 29 books from New Strategist Press
- Wire feeds including Dow Jones Institutional News
- Magazines from publishers including The Financial Times and HR.com
- 25 trade journals from Publishers including Dow Jones & Company, SourceMedia and CFO.com
See the full detail in this spreadsheetProQuest Business Databases content update July - September 2017Summary of full text content added in Q3 2017:
- 42 new titles added in current full text
- 22 new scholarly journals in ongoing full text from publishers including Springer Science & Business Media and Cambridge University Press, International Water Association and Academy of Business and Retail Management
- 13 new magazines and trade journals including 10 from Questex
- New working paper collections from ADB Economics Working Paper Series and OECD Working Papers on Public Governance
- The full text of 13 titles was removed during this period; 7 scholarly journals and 6 trade journals.See the full details in this spreadsheet
See a summary of the great new content added to ABI Collection in the last 12 months in our What’s New in ABI flyer ProQuest Business Databases Content Update: April - June 2017
Key full text content added in Q2 2017 includes:
- The ongoing full text of 34 scholarly journals covering topics ranging from mindfulness to socionetwork strategies
- Ongoing full text for 13 magazines and trade publications from publishers such as SourceMedia, CFO.com, and Financial Times Limited
- Netwise Manufacturing Industry Company Reports. B2B supply chain resource with over 900k U.S. company profiles.
- 40 books in full text from publishers including Kogan Page and New Strategist Press were added to the Entrepreneurship Database
- None of the titles added this quarter have restrictions for corporate customers
See the full details in this spreadsheet
- The full text of 35 titles was discontinued, including 19 trade journals and 5 scholarly journals
. See a summary of the great new content added to ABI/INFORM Collection in our What’s New flyer here
.A note on BMI Research reports
Recently we increased coverage of BMI Research reports from 900 reports to their entire portfolio of 2000. Rather than showing all 2000 on the title list and in products, we have simplified how they are displayed by grouping them under 4 main report titles; BMI Country Industry Reports, BMI Industry Insight Reports, BMI Risk Reports, and Corporate Financing Week.
Please be aware that because of this the total number of active full text BMI titles on ProQuest title lists will be reduced from over 900 titles to 4, even though the former reports - along with the over 1000 new ones – are all still available to users under one of the four tiles mentioned above. You can see these BMI reports on the ‘migrated tab’ of the spreadsheet.
ProQuest Business Databases Content Update: January - March 2017Gains
26 new ongoing FT titles from 18 publishers
14 scholarly journals including four from the Academy of Business Research
• Countries include Latvia, Spain, Brazil, Russia, India and Pakistan
• Two have an impact factor - Economic Policy from Oxford University Press, and International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship from Emerald
4 news sources include the popular Dow Jones Institutional News news feed, EQS Asia, and Economic Times and ET Now from Bennett Coleman
2 new trade journals include Associations Now and Bicycle Retailer and Industry News
4 new country economic reports from Oxford Economics covering Antigua, Congo, Gambia and St. Vincent
Proceedings from 2 new conferences - International Conference on Enterprise Marketing and Globalization and International Scientific Conference of Turiba University
Also now available are over 1,000 new country/industry and risk reports from Business Monitor International representing their full coverage of all countries and industries. They can be found under the following publication titles:
• BMI Country Industry Reports
• BMI Industry Insight Reports
• BMI Risk Reports
• Corporate Financing Week
18 full-text titles were discontinued, including
7 scholarly journals from publishers such as Palgrave Macmillan, Springer, Taylor & Francis, and Editions Dalloz Sirey
• 4 had an impact factor, including International Journal of Multiple Research Approaches, Journal of Direct and Digital Marketing Practice, Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, and Journal of Structural and Functional Genomics
8 magazines and trade journals, most significantly five aerospace and aviation titles from Penton Media, and Canadian Business and MoneySense from Rogers
2 news sources from Questex Media and Japan Corporate News Network
1 discontinued report on Albanian Risk from Business Monitor International
See a full list of all titles added and removed here
.ProQuest Business Databases Content Update: 2016 full year
Welcome to the 2016 ProQuest Business content update, focused on keeping you informed of the journal, grey literature, book, and other material in ProQuest’s Business databases including ABI/INFORM. This update covers content changes from January - December 2016.Journals
• 670 periodical titles in current full text added representing an 8% increase in 12 months. Titles come from 111 publishers.
• 101 scholarly journals in full text from publishers including Cambridge University Press, Springer, Mohr Siebeck, Taylor & Francis, BMJ Publishing, Duncker & Humblot
• The full text of 57 periodical titles were removed in the last 12 months including 17 scholarly journalsNews & Trade Publications
• 19 new full text magazines and trade journals added
• 73 new newspapers, transcripts, blogs, and wire feeds, including Les Echos, Dow Jones Institutional News newsire, MIT Sloan blogs, Planet Money, Nightly Business Report, Ventures Africa, Islamic Finance Monitor Worldwide, Business Insider DeutschlandMarket and Industry information
• In-depth research reports from Plunkett Research cover over 400 U.S. industry sectors ranging from nanotechnology to pets, or jewelry to vaccines. Reports include, Industry sales, populations, employees, and other financials, ratios and benchmarks.
• Lengthy, in-depth research reports from Barnes Reports covering hundreds of industry sectors worldwideComing Soon:
• Expanded agreement with BMI Research means that all 2,000 reports are now available in ProQuest, an increase of 1,100.
• Netwise Manufacturing Industry Company Reports: B2B supply chain resource covering over 900k US company profiles to help companies find suppliers or manufacturers within certain industriesThe latest thinking first
• Thousands of new working papers from Research Papers in Economics (RePec), OECD and others.
• Over 2,000 new conference papers and proceedingsNew in Entrepreneurship Database:
• 150 new and updated books from Kogan PageSee a full list of all content added and removed in this spreadsheet