Welcome to the Launch of ProQuest ETD Dashboard! The path to the dashboard began over four years ago as a skunkworks project - formerly known as Dissertations Dashboard - to provide insights into the reach and influence of Dissertations and Theses published on the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global platform. In 2019, we determined that with some updates, inclusion of older and international works and some new features, ETD Dashboard would be able to harness the value of usage data captured in PQDT to help School Deans and Librarians to understand and convey the value of their works that are published with ProQuest.
4/22/2021: The April 2021 v 1.2.0 release of the ProQuest ETD Dashboard includes the following enhancements and changes:
• Added the 10/30/50 menu at the top of the Retrievals By Any University visualization. This allows you to adjust the number of schools displayed.
• Added the orange User Voice widget in the lower left corner of the UI. The widget enables you to provide feedback and enhancement requests for consideration without needing to leave the page. Feedback and enhancements are then posted to ideas.proquest.com for viewing and voting by other ETD Dashboard users.
• Updated the ETD Dashboard logo and browser-tab icon.
• Resolved Retrievals By Country bug, enabling users to hover over countries to view retrievals data, and also updating country colorations/shading that indicate retrieval activity.
• Implemented cookie management functionality to improve security and privacy compliance.
3/1/2021: The February 2021 release of the ProQuest ETD Dashboard includes the following enhancements and changes:
• Added a link to "What's New" in the User Menu that links to the ETD Dashboard Release notes hosted on support.proquest.com.
• Added an "All Universities" option to the Comparison Group filter that is located on the right hand side of the "Retrievals By Any Universities" and "Retrievals Benchmarking" visualizations. This new option allow the user to:
o Get a global perspective of which schools are the top consumers of the User's institution's titles published with PQDT.
o Understand how retrievals of research published at the User's institution compares to all schools that publish their ETD titles to PQDT.
• Added "Top 10/Top30 / Top 50" Filter Option to the "Top Subjects" and Top Retrievals" visualizations, to enable the user to specify how many results to display on the page.
• Fixed a bug that prevented some institutions from being able to add new users via the Manager User feature available in the User Menu in the header.
1/18/2021: This is the initial release of ProQuest ETD Dashboard, and includes the following:
• Replication of functionality available previously in the beta Dashboard, including the 6 panel main dashboard page, 5 renamed visualizations (Retrievals By Year, Top Subjects, Top Retrievals, Retrievals By Country, Retrievals By Any Institution), and a new Retrievals Benchmark comparison visualization that provides a normalized comparison of your institutions PQDT retrievals compared to a predefined or custom group of peers.
• International Dissertations and Theses published to PQDT are no included in the data set.
• All Dissertations & Theses published prior to 1997 are not included in data set.
• Master's and Doctoral Titles are now included in the data set.
• Predefined Carnegie Classification and Times Higher Ed comparison groups for the Retrievals By Any University and Retrievals Benchmark visualizations.
• Modernized UI and new chart designs.
• Improved performance and responsiveness through Front End, Services and Back End database modernization.